On December 12, 1900, representatives from three Temples, met in an historic meeting and organized the Imperial Council, of the Ancient Egyptian Arabic Order Nobles of the Mystic Shrine of North and South America and its Jurisdictions. By placing "Egyptian" into its title, a sense of Blackness and African was etched; this was to assist in identifying from the white Shrine.
At the Ninth Annual Session, Oasis of Richmond, VA, September 11, 1907, one of the most significant recommendations and motions was the appointment of a committee to prepare a ritual and suitable regulations for Court of the Daughters of Isis. From this, the Daughters of Isis was setup and known as a Grand Court, to hold its own meetings and manage its own affairs, all under the general supervision of the Imperial Council.
Who was Isis and what implements such an ancient personage to the now Daughters of Isis? Isis (''Stone seat'): ''Wife and sister of Osiris and mother Of Horus. She is the Mistress of Words of Power, the Goddess of Nature. She is shown in the form of a woman with a headdress shaped like a throne." (G. B. Shueler, Coming into Light) Isis's ''magic was allied to the wisdom of Thoth and given to mankind as a skill in Healing; she was also responsible, as a counterpart of Osiris, for teaching the household arts to women. She taught them weaving and spinning, and how to grind com. Her strongest appeal was to the sorrowing wife and devoted mother - every woman could identify with her and she has been seen by some...as the archetype of a cult that continues in the Christian churches to the present day." (Richard Patrick. Egyptian Mythology). The Daughters of Isis, thus drawn from times' bosom and nurtured by the devotion of the Ancient Egyptian Arabic Order Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, may go forth as representatives of those ancient legendary virtues, by which womankind in days gone by was believed to be such delicate cultural workmanship, that she exudes loveliness and kindliness of such profusion as to be deified.
Although the ritual was not completed, during the Tenth Annual Session of the A.E.A.O.N.M.S., Providence, RI, September 9, 1908, it was approved to furnish the Daughters with charters when applied for. In March, 1909, the Committee on the Daughters of Isis met and completed their work and a ritual was published as authorized by the Imperial Council. At the next annual session, a committee was appointed to meet with a committee of ladies from three States, to see if they had any matters to bring before the Imperial Council. The ladies made the following request: 'We, the Daughters of Isis, representing three States of your jurisdiction, request that your honorable body form and establish us as a Grand Body, the same to be governed by the Imperial Council."
The petition was received, and it was approved that the Daughters of Isis meet at the next session of the Imperial Council, for the purpose of organizing a Grand Court, and that each Court be notified to that effect. Eight Courts had been organized and were working under the jurisdiction of the Imperial Council at that time. The Courts were named Alexander Court in Baltimore, Oasis Court in Washington, DC. , Zeid Court in Des Moines Iowa, Penna Court in Philadelphia Pennsylvania, Naja Court in Ney York, Fezzan Court in Minneapolis , Minnesota, and Egyptian Court in Los Angeles California. Alexandria Court is now Jerusalem #1, Oasis court was changed to Mecca #2, and Penna is now Constantine #8. Zeid Court (Des Moines, Iowa) Chartered in 1921 under the same name. Naja Court is now Medina #11, Fezzan Court Minneapolis Minnesota (Home of the 4th Imperial Commandress_ chartered under the same name. Egyptian # 5 is still in LA. The court names were synched with the Temple within their specific Oasis in 1945.
The next Annual Session, held in Detroit, Michigan, the Imperial Potentate, J. F. Wright, in his annual address, reported that the action taken during the last session was a wise one, as the various Courts assembled at the present session, organized a Grand Court which would be of incalculable value. ''The Daughters of the Desert and the Sons of the various Oases will meet and by interchanging of ideas, much may be derived from both sources."
Imperial Potentate R. E. Jackson (1939-1955) had a goal that a Court of the Daughters of Isis be attached to every Temple. He noted that the Daughters had made progress under the leadership of their Grand Commandress, but the fact that Bishop H. Z. Plummer had printed the Constitution and Bylaws for the Daughters, it was felt that the Imperial Council was in a better position to guide their destiny and that they would grow by leaps and bounds. However, this does not mean that there were no problem areas that appeared from time to time. It was sometime during this time frame that an Imperial Advisor to the Daughters was appointed. The Imperial Council's Committee on Organization and Legislation noted, ''The Daughters of Isis and the Nobility are still inseparably united. The surface discords which sometimes show, are but fleeting and they will disappear just as rapidly as we revise our procedures to make room for more constructive growth within all our departments ...".
In 1978, at the 85th Annual Imperial Council Session, Imperial Potentate Laddie L. Melton issued two edicts to the Imperial Court, Daughters of Isis. In the first, he demanded that the practice stop whereby the Temples and Courts were acting hostile to each other, and the Courts understand their very existence depends upon the Temples, and that the Illustrious Potentate would appoint a Noble to serve as Advisor to the Courts; and he would be respected in his position so long as he performed his duties in keeping with the guidelines prescribed by the Imperial Council. Further, it was asserted that all Courts were under the supervision of the Temple that created it, and they would adhere to the articles of incorporation as prescribed by its laws; that the Imperial Council created the Imperial Court, and by the same token, could dissolve it.